The ugly American dialog

I need to start listening to my wife more.

Usually when I trudge into the house at night, she is sitting at the kitchen table, thoroughly entrenched in one of her favorite old black and white movies on Turner Classic Movies.

When I ask her to flip on the news, she frowns.

"I just can't watch it anymore," she says. "It's just too depressing."

I'm beginning to agree with her.

Not only that, but it's also increasingly ugly.

Thank you, Donald Trump.

I do this for a living. Why anyone would choose to troll this wasteland is beyond me.

Wonder why more and more people are tuning out, are not bothering to vote? Have you been listening to the recent political discourse.

I'd like to think that as a country, we are better than this.

I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Comments