The weather outside is ...

Go ahead, you finish that sentence in the headline. I think you know where I stand. We've just set records for warmth three consecutive days.

I actually had to stop and do a double-take when I walked out of the house this morning.

The rain had stopped, the skies had cleared and the stars were gleaming.

But that's not what stopped me in my tracks.

It was warm out. No, not hot, but warm.

I have this personal contest with myself, a die-hard hater of everything winter. Each year I try to see how long I can go before I don a winter coat. Usually my goal is Thanksgiving. This year I'm still coatless. Oh, I've put on a light jacket a couple of times, but I've yet to pull any of my top coats off the hanger in the closet.

The weird thing about today's forecast is that we've already hit today's high. It was actually 62 degrees early this morning. Our high later today will only be 61. I'm not complaining.

They say we're going to get a cold snap this weekend, with highs only in the 40s.

But the forecast for Christmas week calls for another warm-up, with highs again pushing the 60 degree mark on Christmas Day.

According to "Hurricane' Schwartz over at NBC10, our average temperature so far in December has been 51 degrees for the first half of the month. The record for the warmest December is 44.5 degrees, a full 6 degrees warmer.

I'm kicking myself for putting the golf clubs away.

Now I'm beginning to wonder if I can keep my coatless streak intact until the New Year.

I don't want to push my luck. And why do I get the feeling we're going to wind up paying for this in January and February?

Comments