A snowless winter? Uh, not any more

So much for El Nino.

And our snowless winter.

I should have known it was too good to be true.

It started snowing on the ride home Friday night. It did not stop until late Saturday night. That's right, 24 hours of snow.

Jonas lived up to his billing. And who had the silly idea of naming winter storms anyhow.

I don't find anything about the snow cute.

I think I shoveled out the driveway three different times on Saturday. And of course I had a few more inches to deal with when I got up Sunday morning.

For the most part, it looks like we survived. Thankfully, we never lost power.

Schoolkids should be happy. They're getting a long weekend with a day off today.

Plowing is another thing altogether. With this much snow, anywhere from 14 inches to 2 feet across the region, plowing was a challenge. One of the problems is where to put it. After heaving snow up and over a four-foot-high wall of snow in the driveway, I have a new appreciation for the guys manning these plows.

It could have been worse.

I was working from home.

Twenty years ago, that was not the case.

It's in my weekly print column.

Comments