Winter arrives with a brrrr-utal blast

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people - including one prominent Sunday columnist - who love winter.

They should be happy today.

Remember all that talk about our record warm December? It looks like Mother Nature is about to take her revenge.

According to my car dashboard, it was an icy 9 degrees when my posterior hit the front seat early this morning. It went all the way up to 12 while I was driving into the office.

I am not a fan of winter, so you know that I was pretty much gritting my teeth when I exited the house this morning and was greeted by the brutal conditions.

Later today we're expected to have lots of sun, but continued nasty cold, with a high of just 31.

You can get the full forecast here.

Luckily, this does not look like it is going to stick around that long.

Temperatures are expected to rebound close to 50 by the weekend. The downside, rain also is in the forecast.

Hey, I'll take that over snow any day.

Comments