Your early morning roads report

Here's a report on road conditions after another early-morning commute.

Forget the reports of icy spots or 'black ice.' I encountered neither.

Actually, I was surprised when I left the house how warm it was. The temperature recorded on my odometer said 37 degrees, well above freezing. And it's supposed to go up to the lower 40s later. Here's the full forecast.

The roads I used (West Chester Pike, Providence Road, Route 1 Bypass, Springfield Road) were just wet. I did not encounter any slick spots. It's just too warm.

Several Delco schools are still going on a two-hour delay this morning. You can find the list here. Schools in the Chester Upland School District will be open today for the first time since the monster storm hit over the weekend.

One thing that remains problematic is the amount of snow out there, which is creating very narrow roadways and small turn areas. I felt bad for people waiting for SEPTA buses. The shelters are long ago buried under a mountain of snow. Be careful in these areas. Riders literally in some spots are standing in the road as they wait for their ride.

The snow mounds also are believed to have contributed to a bus accident yesterday out in Chester County.

OK, we've had our big winter storm.

Bring on spring.

Comments