A good day to take a Flying Leap!

You didn't think we were going to let Leap Day go by without noting it, did you.

Staff writer Patti Mengers caught up with three people celebrating their birthday today, Feb. 29.

Actually, this is the front page you will not see this morning. I had originally planned to lead the paper with our Leap Day feature.

As it usually does, however, the news pays very little attention to my best efforts to plan out the weekend papers.

A big drug bust in Upper Darby quickly knocked the Leap Day story out of the lead position.

Me? I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I learned something over the weekend.

March 1 is actually the end of what is referred to as 'meteorogoly winter.' I'll take it.

Bring on spring.

Come to think of it, Sunday was not a bad harbinger of what is to come.

How did I celebrate this glorious, sunny day with highs in the 60s.

Yep, I planted myself on the glider on the front porch and soaked up the sun.

It's amazing the difference being outside, in the daylight, makes.

Yes, I am aware that they are calling for a chance of snow later in the week. I am sure Old Man Winter is not done with us just yet.

But for an hour Sunday afternoon, all was right with the world.

Comments