All eyes on Punxsutawney - except mine

Sure, we share a name, but the truth is I've lost my taste for Punxsutawney Phil.

I'm told you should take in the antics surrounding the famous prognosticating groundhog at least once. Apparently they hold a hell of a party out there at Gobbler's Knob.

I'll pass.

Then again, I don't think even Punxsutawney could come up with this forecast. Just a week after we got nearly two feet of snow, we're expecting record-high temperatures in the mid-60s Wednesday.

Unfortunately, that is going to be accompanied by some heavy rain, and that means the distinct possibility of flooding.

I don't think ol' Phil is going to predict that either.

February is one of my least favorite months of the year. Spring remains pretty much a rumor, even if we are expecting spring-like temperatures this week.

I have noticed that it is staying light out longer, but it's still dark when I leave the office.

Let's see, Friday is Wing Bowl, Sunday is the Super Bowl and then next Wednesday marks Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent.

Shorts and T-shirts are still a long way off.

Here's my prediction, Punxsutawney be damned.

Don't put away the shovel just yet. We'll get at least one more big snow.

And I will continue to grumble about winter like broken record.

If you're interested in the antics surround my pal Phil, go here. If you just want the forecast, you can get that here.

Comments