Your early a.m. report from the roads

Here's a couple of early warnings after my morning commute:

First, be prepared to do some scraping. The temperatures dipped just enough to freeze everything that was sitting on your windshield and windows. Unless you start your can and let it warm up, you're going to be doing some serious scraping.

I also quickly discovered that 26-degree temperature mean that a lot of that melted snow on the roads had frozen over. It didn't take me long to head into my first curve and get that sickening feeling that my car was sliding. Luckily, there was no one else on the road at that time and I was able to recover fairly easily.

Here in Delaware County, I'm not really sure it got cold enough overnight to freeze. But the farther out you are, the more likely you are to encounter some slick conditions.

Be careful out there.

Comments