Your early-morning report from the roads

Here's a quick report from the roads after my early-morning commute.

I was somewhat surprised to find that it was still snowing when I left the house this morning. That's the bad news. The good news is that the roads are not bad at all.

Again, for the most part I encountered only wet roads, especially on the major highways such as West Chester Pike, the Route 1 Bypass and Springfield Road.

The biggest challenge I had was brushing off the snow and ice that accumulated on the windshield before I pulled out of the driveway. One caution: Be careful on those first steps out of the house. The walkways and driveway have a coating of fairly slick snow on them. No one needs to start their day with a nasty tumble.

And yes, I did encounter a few snow-covered spots on side roads, but nothing that would be considered a major problem. Of course, that's with no one on the road, one of the few perks of this work schedule. Once everyone gets out there this morning, I'm guessing things might get a little messier.

We are supposed to see a few more flurries this morning, but the big news as we head toward the weekend is expected to be a bitter cold blast.

* Here's your full traffic report from the region.

* And here is your complete AccuWeather forecast.

Comments