Your morning roads report: Beware of fog, impatient drivers

Welcome to London.

Be prepared to battle some thick fog out there.

I just made the jaunt into the office and I can tell you it's thick as pea soup in some spots, with visibility next to nothing in some spots.

The good news is that the rain seems to be relenting and the expected flooding from yesterday's rain never seemed to develop. But the warm temperatures, rising to near 50, have created some serious fog issues.

Here's the full regional traffic report.

But here was my real dilemma from this morning's commute, and this one is on me.

I can admit to the fact that patience is not a virtue I possess in any great amount. In other words, I have a pretty short fuse.

This morning because of the fog I decided to alter my route. I took Route 352 from Westtown to Granite Run instead of my normal route taking Route 3 all the way down to Edgmont, then Providence Road over to Rose Tree Park. I didn't feel like adding fog to the morning ritual of dodging the deer on Providence Road.

What I didn't count on was getting behind a potato chip truck shortly after I got onto Route 352. Obviously he was concerned about the fog as well, because he insisted on going 25 mph all the way to Lima.

I'm guessing he could probably hear me ranting and grinding my teeth behind him.

If you know the road, you know there is really not many spots where you can pass, even on a clear morning, let alone one where you can barely see your hand in front of your face.

I thought maybe since I was right behind him he might pull over and let me go by. No dice.

Eventually he took a right on Route 452 and I roared past headed for the Media Bypass. It made me a few minutes late. Was it worth all the faux outrage. No. I'll add that to the list of things I need to get a better grip on.

Comments