Super Tuesday? Hardly

Super Tuesday?

Well, I guess that depends on your definition of 'super.'

About a quarter of Americans will register their preference as voters in a dozen states go to the polls today in the biggest day of the presidential campaign up to this point.

Of course, not here in Pennsylvania. We have to wait until April 26 to register out choices. By that time it seems fairly certain that the decision largely will be out of our hands.

Today could be a pivotal day for the front-runners, Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton.

There is almost nothing about this campaign to this point that I would characterize as remotely 'super.'

Did my ears deceive me, or did I actually hear Florida Sen. Marco Rubio says something to the effect of "You know what they say about men with small hands" in a barb at Trump.

That apparently is how far we have fallen.

It's gotten to the point that you feel the need to take a shower after watching the news or reading the latest from the campaign trail. I find it hard to believe we can't do better than this.

Comments