The challenge for Chester Mayor Thaddeus Kirkland

I used my weekly print column to talk about what is going on in Chester.

I don't envy the job of new Mayor Thaddeus Kirkland.

The longtime state rep was often a critic of the city administration, police department and how they reacted to the violent crime that continues to plague the city.

Now the shoe's on the other foot. Kirkland is now the mayor.

Crime is still a problem.

He's meeting the challenge head-on.

Thaddeus is not shy about voicing his opinion on our coverage, anything from the photo we use of him, to at times leaving his comments out of a story. So when we were not notified of a press conference following another police-involved fatal shooting in the city, I decided to turn the tables on him.

I don't envy the job. I wonder if sometimes he does not feel the same way about mine.

Here's my column.

Comments