Welcome to Daylight Savings!

I've always thought the problem with "springing forward" was not Sunday, but Monday when you head to work with an hour less sleep.

It was not a great Sunday to have an extra hour of daylight, courtesy of the annual move to push the clocks forward an hour at 2 a.m. Sunday morning. It was not much of a day and showers had started to move in, so one of the thing I really look forward to each year did not exactly thrill me. I barely noticed that it was still light as we approached 7 o'clock.

I'm already in the office so I also won't notice that it won't get light until almost 7 a.m.

The fact that it was pouring out when I left the house didn't help much. Then I was once again realized after I got in the car that I never remember how to change the clock, and that Honda nicely disables that system so you can't change it while the car is moving. So I rode to work off kilter staring at a clock that was showing the wrong time.

It's today that you really start to feel the hour of sleep we lost Saturday night.

The move pushes everything ahead by an hour. When you went to bed Sunday night, you had already lost an hour of sleep.

I guess the upside of all this is that I might actually leave the office tonight amid some daylight. That is if it stops raining by then. It's supposed to be a soggy week. I guess that's the payback we get for those 80-degree days we enjoyed last week.

Welcome to Daylight Savings Time.

Comments