My next life? That's easy - Jim Nantz

I know who I want to be in my next life.

Jim Nantz.

The guy had a courtside seat for maybe the greatest ending of a championship game in NCAA Tournament history as the Villanova Wildcats won on Kris Jenkins' buzzer-beater.

So what does he do for an encore.

Well, he hops on a plane and jets into Augusta for his normal duties in the tower on 18.

Now that's what I call a life.

Speaking of the Master, I never thought I'd see anything as heart-breaking as Greg Norman's collapse years ago when he blew his best shot at a green jacket on Sunday, allowing Nick Faldo to steal a Major.

That was until yesterday, when Ernie Els had the misfortune of 7-putting the first green. That's correct, he took 7 stabs at it, most within a few feet of the cup.

Been there, done that, Ernie.

Now if only I could ever get the feeling that I've done what Jim Nantz is doing this week.

Comments