Punxsutawney lied - it's cold out there

Punxsutawney lied. Spring remains pretty much a rumor.

It was 21 degrees when I climbed into the car this morning.

It was so cold that it forced me to break my spring promise. Much like I do in the fall, when I eschew donning a winter coat until after Thanksgiving, on the flip side I usually vow never to put on a coat after April 1.

Not this morning.

Yes, I grabbed a coat before I left the house.

The good news is that the forecast tells us it is supposed to warm up later today, with the thermometer pushing close to 60. You can get all the details on the forecast here.

The bad news? A look at the extended forecast shows lots of ups and downs in temperatures. In particular the weekend looks like another cold one. So much for that other spring tradition - the return of yard work.

Maybe the cold weather isn't so bad after all.

Comments