I'm not alone in backing Bradford

The Sam Bradford Fan Club has just grown by one.

That makes two of us.

Columnist Jack McCaffery today weighs in on the troubled Eagles QB, who ended his short-lived, two-week holdout this week and reported to the Birds' voluntary workouts.

I've made it pretty clear where I stand. I still think Bradford can lead the Eagles deep into the playoffs. I base that on the way he played in the final seven games of last year.

Having said that, I think he made a huge mistake in how he reacted to the Eagles moving up in the draft and selecting North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz to be their future QB.

I can understand how Bradford would think that all those draft picks the Eagles shipped off to get Wentz could have been used to bolster the lineup he was going to lead.

But there are much better ways to get that point across than the one Bradford and his agent selected.

They decided to play chicken with Howie Roseman and the Eagles.

This week Bradford blinked.

No one held a gun to Bradford's head and made him sign that two-year deal that will guarantee him $26 million. Just once in my life I would like someone to dangle that kind of cash in front of me. I'm not going to hold my breath.

The Eagles have said all along that Bradford is the starter for this year, with Chase Daniel, also brought on board at a healthy salary, the backup and Wentz the apprentice-in-waiting.

We'll see how long that lasts.

Of course, Bradford could make all this hurt go away by doing one thing: Winning.

It says here he will.

To see what Jack think, click here.

Comments