It's a wet, cold honey-do of a week

We are in what is called a 'blocking pattern.'

For those of you who don't hold meteorological degrees - and instead simply have been swearing at the nice folks who deliver the weather on TV - that means it's miserable out.

Cold and wet.

Not exactly the combination I would ask for during the week I traditionally take off to get the house ready for summer.

You know, those lazy, hazy, crazy days when that large orange ball shows up in the sky?

I have not seen the sun since I left the office last Friday night.

The rain is expected to continue falling through Friday.

Cheer up, moms. We're expected to get a break Saturday and Mother's Day Sunday looks pretty good.

A big warm-up is on tap next week, with temperatures soaring into the 80s - just in time for me to head back into the office.

I stopped whining about the weather a long time ago. Anyone who knows me knows that I like it hot & humid. The hotter the better. Humidity hanging around you like a sopping, wet blanket? Bring it on.

Temperatures that struggle to break 50 degrees and showers is not my idea of a vacation.

The list of gardening, deck set-up and planting flowers is still sitting on the table waiting for a break in the weather.

Hey, the Phillies are playing better than anyone expected. So there is that.

I'm reaching I know.

What are my alternatives.

I've already run out of curse words to describe this weather.

I imagine as I walk back into the office Monday before dawn knowing that the sun will be out the temperatures will approach 80 degrees I will likely discover a few more.

Comments