Spring remains a rumor

Spring remains for the most part just a rumor.

Summer? Forget it.

When I climbed behind the wheel for the drive into work this morning, the dashboard thermometer was registering a less than toasty 33 degrees.

Yesterday wasn't a lot better. My wife and I are dedicated walkers. Yesterday we bundled up and braved the elements, but it still wasn't enough.

The wind was howling. Yes, the sun was out, but it was not exactly warming things up much.

Every time I think I can put away my long underwear and jackets, the weather proves me wrong once again.

Yes, I had my thermals on yesterday under the exercise pants I wear for our walks. At our Sunday stop at Wawa, I opted for a hot chocolate as opposed to coffee.

It's not exactly a secret that I like it hot. I have my deck and patio set up and ready for summer. Now all I need is some decent weather.

Doesn't look like it's coming this week. The forecast is calling for more cool temperatures today, with highs only in the mid-60s. Rain will move in again Tuesday and Wednesday, before if finally clears up later in the week.

You can get the full forecast here.

There's nothing I like more than hot, humid, muggy summer weather.

Unfortunately, at this point I would settle for some consistent days in the 70s.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Comments