The war being waged on Delco's streets

I used my weekly print column Monday - Memorial Day - to talk about war.

But probably not the war you might have expected.

I am always leery when it comes to writing about soldiers and all things military. The truth is I was one of the lucky ones - I was never called to serve, and I did not volunteer.

Monday is the day set aside to honor those soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their country.

But there is another war - and all too many victims - being waged every day on our streets.

I am tired of writing stories like the ones we did last week on Zenas Powell. He's the 14-year-old who was the latest innocent bystander to become a victim of the war being waged on Chester's mean streets.

I mean no dishonor to veterans and those killed in service to their country.

At the same time, I don't want anyone to forget Zenas Powell, and the other young lives being snuffed out every day.

You can read my column here.

Comments