Our annual salute to grads

It is one of life's seminal moments.

More importantly - at least to me because of what I do - it could be the only time a young person's name appears in the newspaper.

Graduation from high school is one of those special moments that defines much of what our communities are about, the conclusion of a 12-year journey, and in many ways the end of one part of a young person's life and the start of another.

That's one of the reasons we treat the occasion in a very special manner.

We call it the Grad Tab.

It's something we do every year for as long as I can remember.

We don't make a lot of money on it. There isn't all that much advertising in it.

But it's something I hope families will keep for years as part of their family histories.

I talk about why this is important in my weekly print column this week.

Comments