Goodbye 19018; hello 19081

Goodbye 19018; hello 19081.

In other words, the Daily Times has a new home.

We closed the doors on our longtime office on Mildred Avenue in the Primos section of Upper Darby Friday, and today we set up shop in Swarthmore.

Yes, it was emotional.

There were a lot of things going through my mind as I walked out of the office for the last time Friday, carting as many memories as I could fit into the trunk of a Honda Accord.

After all, I have been walking through those doors for 34 years.

It was a very strange week in Primos, kind of like seeing a little piece of your life taken apart brick by brick, or maybe filing cabinet by filing cabinet.

Those of us who were there late Friday afternoon gathered on the front steps of the office one final time for a photo. It appears here with my blog.

It's ironic that we would leave Primos for Swarthmore, and not just for the same numbers being involved in the zip codes.

There is something else about these abodes that I have been telling people for years. Primos doesn't really exist.

Now we've moved to a place that is not actually in Swarthmore.

I explain it all in today's print column. Please feel free to stop in and say hello to us in our new digs. Right now they appear a bit sterile to be a newsroom. My guess is that will not last long.

Comments