More on that fighter jet mystery

Well, at least I know I'm not losing my mind. At least not yet anyhow. I know that may come as a surprise to some readers.

I was not the only one fascinated by the fighter jet that was buzzing the skies over Chester County at the same time a nasty storm was rolling in Monday night.

I saw as I was just about home just before 7 p.m. It was one of the loudest sounds I've ever heard.

I posted on Twitter and it immediately sparked similar Tweets.

One reader emailed me overnight to assure me I was not hallucinating.

But J. Massucci went one better. He actually got a photo of the jet framed against that foreboding sky.

He said the jets was "flying very low and agile. Making multiple turns."

He also mentioned something noticed by several other readers - a small plane that was also in the sky at the same time and he wondered if that was connected.

Let's keep this conversation going and get to the bottom of the "Top Gun Mystery."

If you have information to share on what that jet was doing in the skies of Chester County and where it may have come from, email me at editor@delcotimes.com.

Comments

Unknown said…
I can't believe there are no other comments regarding this event. I witnessed this fighter jet flying low overhead. I saw no small plane as mentioned in your blog, but the noise was deafening. I thought it was thunder from the approaching storm; then as it neared and flying low I realized it was a fighter jet. After it retreated from the area, I ran inside to check the news (are we being attacked?). Not one mention of the incident. Your blog is first mention. Thanks for blogging, as I thought I was going crazy too.