Labor of Love? It better be

I used my print column to ruminate about being another year older, another summer gone far too soon, and another very tough stretch for the newspaper business.

I can report that 61 does not feel a lot different than 60 did, but having spent the previous 365 days trying to figure out why 60 sounded so much older than 59, I can tell you I am still perplexed.

So I do what I usually do when faced with such complexities, I write about it.

Yes, I am forced to come to grips that another summer is in the books. Yes, I am well aware that the calendar tells is there is still three months to go. Don't let that fool you. Kids are back in school, football is back, leaves are starting to fall. Night falls now shortly after 7 p.m. Mornings and evening are decidedly cooler.

Yep, summer is over, alright.

As for what I do? What can I tell you. It's a very tough business right now.

All of which makes what British TV pundit said recently all that much more important.

In case you missed it, you can check it out here:

In the meantime, here's my weekly print column.

How many days until Memorial Day?

Comments