Somewhere, the 'Summer Wind' is blowing

Excuse my depression this morning.

I am wallowing in the worst day of the year.

As I write this there are a little more than four hours left in summer.

Autumn arrives officially at 10:21 a.m.

I should be past this. For all intent and purpose, summer really ends for me with the arrival of the Labor Day weekend.

Still, with it becoming "official," this morning, the sting is a little more acute.

Luckily, Mother Nature has decided to take mercy on me.

She is going to offer a few more warm, humid days to soothe this old soul who pines for the "lazy, crazy, hazy" days of summer.

Unfortunately, the forecast says there is a change coming, and we will have trouble breaking 70 degrees on Sunday. Good thing I'll be camped in front of the TV watching the Eagles game.

I have just one question this morning.

How many days until Memorial Day?

Goodbye, summer. Somewhere, a beach is calling my name.

Of course, I can always turn to this classic:

Comments