What Debate?

The plan was simple.

Catch the start of the Sixers game to check out the debut of Joel Embiid, flip over for a few innings of the Orioles-Blue Jays Wild Card playoff game, then settle in for the vice presidential debate.

As usual, it didn't go quite as planned.

Embiid looked good, in the 13 minutes he played.

But I have to admit I did not see a single minute of baseball, let alone any of the clash between Mike Pence and Tim Kaine.

I drifted into my nightly coma-like state sometime after the start of the second quarter of the Sixers game.

From what I have heard so far this morning, it sounded like it might have been a bit more substantive and issue-oriented than the one held last week by their running mates.

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will clash again Sunday night. Let's hope they take a cue from their No. 2's.

Comments