And the angels sing

I don't think it's a stretch to say I was stunned at the result of last Tuesday's election.

No, I didn't see that one coming.

I'm not alone on this island. There were a lot of people - both in and out of the media - who misread the discontent out there in Middle America.

I probably should have gotten some inkling of what was coming via the reaction to my column from the week before, when I announced I would be voting for Hillary Clinton.

The late, great Daily News columnist Chuck Stone used to take readers' comments and work them into a column.

He would always use the same lead.

"And the angels sing."

I heard from a lot of angels last week.

But my fear, my sense of unease, remains the same. It's not where we've been, or what happened on Tuesday.

It's where we go from here.

You can read today's Letter From the Editor here.

Comments