Welcome to the holiday season

And now for a personal rant (as opposed to the normal ramblings on this blog!)

I have still one more reason to dislike the Pennsylvania Lottery.

Oh, I don't have anything against the senior citizens who benefit for the most part from the revenue of the wildly popular Pennsylvania gambling business. Especially since I am fast approaching the point when I will join their ranks.

I've actually never been much of a lottery player, except when the jackpots soar into the stratosphere and you feel as if you're forced to get into the office pool. I mean, really, who can risk being the one person in the office who is not a multi-millionaire.

But my angst with the lottery has nothing to do with that.

It has to do with one of their commercials, one that I heard bright and early Tuesday morning.

Yep, you guessed it, the commercial that got under my skin was that remake of their classic "What a great gift" holiday commercial.

Welcome to the Christmas season.

I had barely closed the door on the last Trick-or-Treater and hardly digested the last Tootsie Roll when I was accosted with the decidedly unofficial start of the holiday season.

So much for Thanksgiving.

Look, I expect this from department stores and other commercial entities.

But I don't necessarily need to be force-fed this stuff from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Shame on you, Gus!

Comments