Your early morning report from the roads

I must live in the northern and western suburbs, wherever that is.

Yes, I did encounter one icy spot on my early morning ride into the office.

But aside from that it was smooth sailing.

The temperature on the car dashboard registered 38 degrees when I left the house. For the most part, all I saw were wet roads. But as I headed down one hill toward a stop sign not far from the house, I felt that ugly feeling in my stomach as the car started to skid. Luckily, I was far enough from the intersection that I managed to get the car stopped in plenty of time.

The good news is that was the only slick spot I encountered.

Yes, we will be told all morning on radio and TV about the possibility of ice in the "northern and western" suburbs, but this is the only spot I hit.

Temperatures are actually going to get even warmer, although we aren't going to see a lot of sun.

Tomorrow we're actually going to see temperatures in the 60s. You read it right. The mid-60s in early January. The downside? It likely will be accompanied by showers

I'll take it.

Get your full forecast here.

Comments