If this is global warming, I'll take it

Happy Presidents Day.

Yes, check your calendar. It really is Presidents Day. Feb. 20. I know that might seem a little hard to fathom after the weekend we just enjoyed.

It never ceases to amaze me what a little sunshine and warm temperatures - we actually hit 70 degrees about 4 p.m. - can do for your outlook.

Usually about this time of the year, I am bundled up on the sofa, watching golf on TV from some beautiful location, and wondering why I put up with this three months of misery every year.

Here's what I did yesterday: Took a nice long walk with my wife, sat outside and read the Sunday paper, then actually finished a book I have been trying to finish off since last summer.

Then, I chipped a few golf balls around the back yard.

The the Mrs. and I did some nature walking, actually hiking along some open space that runs through our development that neither of us had ever explored, despite living there for more than 30 years.

In other words, I wanted to spend every glorious minute I could outside, and that's exactly what I did.

It's chilly this morning, but certainly not the bone-numbing cold we expect at this time of the year.

And there is more good news in the forecast. We're heading back to the 60s later this week and could even break back into the 70s on Thursday.

The best part? No snow on the horizon.

If this is global warming, I'll take it.

Get the full forecast for the week here.

Comments