My Groundhog Day prediction? January is behind us

I think I can admit that I've never been much of a Groundhog Day guy.

Yes, I've always thought it would be a blast to go to Punxsutawney and take in what always looks like a helluva party. There's something about drinking beer at 6:30 in the morning that I find oddly appealing. Let's see, it's either there or Wing Bowl tomorrow. I've never been to either.

What I do know is that, prognosticating rodents that carry my name not withstanding, we have put January behind us. And we have yet to get any serious snow.

All of which means I now have about another month and a half of misery to struggle through.

If we don't get another flake, it won't bother me in the least.

And if the temperatures want to lean more toward the 50s as opposed to single digits, I won't exactly protest that either.

If you love the pomp and partying that has made this somewhat obscure Pennsylvania town famous, we'll have live coverage of all the hoopla here.

So go ahead, Phil. Have your moment in the sun. As with every year, I will be cheering for an early spring.

But the reality is I'll settle for a continuation of this somewhat mild winter.

Spring? Bring it on.

Comments