Congratulations, we survived another winter

Congratulations! We survived another winter.

Welcome to the first day of spring. Actually, I'm jumping the gun just a tad. Spring doesn't officially arrive until 6:29 a.m. As winters go, this was not all that bad, but I could still live without it.

We did not get any big, paralyzing snow storms, despite our local TV stations forecasts.

But for some reason, the last couple of weeks I have been even more cold than normal.

There is something you should know. I am always cold. It's one of the reasons I detest winter. Maybe we got lulled to sleep by the fairly mild winter, but these last few weeks I have been shivering with the best of them.

Now if we could just get rid of this nuisance snow. Yes, it's pretty when it first arrives, blanketing everything in a fluffy layer of white. That's especially true when we get just enough snow to cover all our imperfections, but not enough to keep us from getting around.

Unfortunately, that only lasts a couple of hours. One thing I noticed yesterday is how ugly snow is after it sits around for a couple of days.

The combination of salt, road grit and stuff that has been plowed into large mounds makes for an ugly spectacle.

It's going to take awhile for the snow to disappear. While we are supposed to warm up a bit today, pushing close to 50, what we really need is a couple of 70-degree days and a nice rain to wash away all this grit.

You can get the full forecast here.

For now, I will rejoice in having survived another winter. No, I will not rush to Rita's for a free water ice today.

But I'll be smiling anyhow.

Bring on Summer!

Comments