Fake News? Get real; this is what we do

An enemy of the American People?

I can't say I've eve considered myself to such an animal. Although I am guessing that there are some local Republicans who might like to debate me on that.

I'm not sure President Trump really understands the role of the press, what we do here every day, and what we mean to the communities we cover.

But don't take it from me.

Ask the people at Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast. Sure, their cherished tradition of single-sex education is not more. But it cold have been a lot worse.

Everyone expected that archdiocese blue ribbon commission to recommend the single-sex education go by the boards in a cost-cutting move. No one expected what happened next - that both schools be closed.

A month later, the impossible had happened, the 'Miracle in Drexel Hill.'

I like to think this newspaper was part of the reason why.

That's not "fake news." And it's not being an "enemy of the American people."

It's what we do ever day.

It's in my weekly Letter From the Editor.

Comments