It's a great, big world - that is getting smaller all the time

We live in a great big world - that seems to be getting smaller all the time.

I learned that once again after writing last week about my visit to the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville.

Several things happened after that column appeared.

I was a bit taken aback by how many people who have been there have been transfixed by exactly the same thing that held my rapt attention: The sky. It's just different out there. And it's particularly haunting there at the memorial site.

That belief was confirmed by a woman whose family grew up in that area, and who related a great story about sitting on her aunt's front porch on summer nights and being dazzled by the light show in the sky.

Finally, an old newspaper guy gave me a call with his own very special connection to the Flight 93 Memorial.

You can read the column here.

Small world, indeed.

Comments