Let the madness being: Have you heard? It's supposed to snow

Let the Madness begin.

No, not the basketball tournament.

I'm talking about the TV folks blathering about the weather.

Maybe you've heard about it? We're expecting some snow.

No, I don't like it. Not one bit. But I will grit my teeth and get by.

What is nearly aggravating - at least to me - is the unbridled joy our local TV stations take in delivering the news.

Look, I get it. It's been a fairly mild winter, with little or snow snow.

That apparently is going to change tonight, when a Nor'easter blows in and slams us with what likely will be the biggest snowfall of the winter.

That's right, despite the fact that we turned the clocks ahead Sunday morning, Mother Nature has yet to "spring forward." In other words, it's still winter. And that means it might snow.

And that sends our local TV folks into hype overdrive.

I saw this one coming last week, when I pronounced that this is all we would hear all weekend.

I wasn't wrong. They've been beating the drums for this storm since Thursday.

I don't think it would bother me nearly as much if they did not seem so damn happy about it.

I'm sure the supermarkets enjoy it as well. Did you happen to visit one over the weekend. They were packed. After all, we might not get out of our homes for weeks as this "monster" storm bears down on us.

I actually heard one local TV type this morning say you should have four days worth of medicine on hand before the storm hits. Huh?

Here's my prediction. Yes, it is going to snow. I'm predicting for the Philly suburbs we'll get between 6-8 inches. Those amounts will start increasing as you head north, with maybe as much as a foot in the Poconos, which the last time I looked at a map did not strike me as the "northern and western suburbs."

New York and New England could be looking at blizzard conditions.

Here in Philly?

We'll have to make due with a blizzard of hype.

Comments