Oh, baby! Some more positive news

I'm on a mission.

I'm looking for good news. Upbeat stories, ones that can provide balance to the stream of often troubling headlines that pour out from our website and the pages of the newspaper.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up reporting on these so-called "negative" stories. Unfortunately, as I tell everyone who asks, that's what people read.

But a gentleman who called me yesterday to tell me how much he liked my column on my visit to the Flight 93 Memorial got me thinking. He was clearly touched by what I had written and went out of his way to not how it differed from the usual fare he encounters in the newspaper.

Granted, you might make the argument that the reasoning behind the Flight 93 Memorial is hardly upbeat, but I assure you there is something very positive and uplifting about the site.

For today, well, it doesn't get much more update than this story.

A Haverford couple decided to throw a luncheon to thank the local EMS guys who came to their aid and helped deliver their baby. Yep, I think that classifies as upbeat.

Kudos to all involved. Read the story here.

Comments