The photo you did not see

Every day I get to make decisions about what things will appear in the paper - and which things will not.

That's right, some of the toughest decisions I make every day concern things that aren't going to make the paper.

Some times we simply don't have enough space. That's why sometimes things appear on the website before they actually get into print.

But that's not the reason a certain photo did not make print recently.

It's a dilemma I face almost every day.

Since almost everyone I talk to is convinced they can do this job so much better than I do, here's a chance for you to try your hand at it.

I explain the dilemma in my weekly Letter From the Editor print column. I call it a Tale of Two Photos. You saw one of them, but not the other one.

You tell me what you would have done with the photo.

Comments