Yes, they are fixing the Conchester

I am guessing there are more than a few people in Delaware County who took one glance at yesterday's front page and said, "Yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it."

Believe it.

They are finally fixing the Killer Conchester.

I know, you've been hearing about them doing this for decades. This time it's for real. Work started yesterday.

I actually had a call from one reader taking me to task for our description of the road.

The 85-year-old woman was more than willing to tell me she disagreed with our characterization of the road that stretches from I-95 in Chester and Route 1 in Concord.

"The road is not the problem," she informed me. "The Conchester is not the killer. It's the drivers." She's right, of course.

But that doesn't change the fact that a road that became obsolete not long after the day it was opened is finally going to be fixed.

It's on our editorial page today.

Comments