A great night with Partners in Education

Last night was one of the best nights of the year.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with the NFL Draft, even though it was right here in Philly, filling the Ben Franklin Parkway with thousands of Eagles fans.

I was a few miles away, doing something a newspaper editor almost never gets a chance to do.

I was standing in a ballroom packed with nearly 600 people - almost all of whom were saying nice things about the newspaper. Believe me, it's a rarity.

It was the annual Partners in Education Dinner at the Drexelbrook, where the members of the All-Delco Hi-Q team and the winners of the Excellence in Teaching Awards are handed out.

My thanks to Rick Durante and the good folks at the Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union once again for the opportunity. As I stood on that stage and handed awards to 22 students and 19 teachers, I realized the importance of showing good stories that profile kids and educators doing positive things.

In my remarks I told the audience of my struggle to do that. No, I can't promise we're not always going to see eye to eye on stories. But I can promise to strive to offer a balanced view.

The view last night was excellent. Take my word for it.

Comments

Unknown said…
Keep it going. It's not only justified, you'll sell more papers!