A message for the Immoral Times

This one is too good to pass up.

I noted in a blog item this week that not everyone was especially thrilled with Monday's print column, the one in which I admitted a couple of vices, namely potato chips and a somewhat salty vocabulary.

Yesterday I received this email taking me to task for my blue streak. I thought I might share it with readers, just in case you were under the impression that everyone loves what I write. I assure you that is not the case.

"Mr. Heron - too much info! Dropping F-bombs isn't something to be proud of but obviously you feel it is acceptable. No wonder our society has stooped to the lowest level of civil discourse. As editor of the paper, I would expect a higher standard from you. Please stop mentioning your Catholic upbringing, you are an embarrassment to the nuns. With all due respect, next year during Lent, why not discontinue the foul language and eat all the Herr's potato chips you like. Recently in the news, a construction site posted a sign "no foul language here"! Correct this personal failing, it is a bad habit that needs to be stopped and it is very unprofessional."

I loved the sign-off as well:

Immoral Times

I am guilty as charged. Actually the reader is right. I'm not proud of my outbursts and I will work to curtail them. I do, however, appreciate the suggestion that I not forego potato chips next year. Excellent advice.

Comments