Friday, April 21, 2017

The trouble with kids today

OK, you can call me a Grumpy Old Man.

I happen to agree with Springfield Police Chief Joe Daly.

He's issuing a stern warning to kids - and their parents - about some of the hijinks that kids in the township are engaging in. It is not a unanimous opinion.

I have heard from readers who are coming to the kids' defense, asking why the township does not provide more for them to do. And yes, I am among those who are always whining that kids never seem to lift their faces up from their phones.

Now they go out, and everyone comes down on them for it.

I am lucky, as I freely admit to anyone who asks.

I grew up before the Internet age. I have total deniability as to the myriad of knuckle-headed things I did as a kid. There is - to the best of my knowledge - no video evidence. There are no Google links, no proof that sticks out on Facebook, Twitter or Snapchat. It's one of the things I thank God for every night when my head hits the pillow.

Believe me, I did plenty, and caused my parents no shortage of grief.

But I still stand with Daly, and his warning to kids about some of the things they are doing.

We take up the chief's cause on our editorial page today as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home