Is Delco ready for Cracker Barrel?

What is it about Cracker Barrel?

This staple of American roadsides is coming to Delaware County, and people can't wait.

The old-style eatery with tons of Americana plastered all over the walls will be arriving in the mini-boom taking place down on Stewart Avenue in Ridley Township near the Boeing plant this fall. It's in the same neighborhood as two new hotels, a Wendy's and a Royal Farms store. None of them has caused the stir as news that Cracker Barrel is coming to town.

You can get all the details here.

People in Ridley have been eagerly awaiting yesterday's official announcement about the much-rumored arrival of the restaurant chain. The doors will open in November on a 10,000-square-foot restaurant that also will bring with it 175 new jobs.

But what is the draw?

Actualy, I should have checked in with my wife. She informs me that their blueberry pancakes are fantastic. Maybe it's because I'm not really that much of a breakfast person. I've been in my share of Cracker Barrels. They're nice. But I have to admit I don't go out of my way to find one.

What's the draw, what's the mystique that has Ridley and Delco in such a tizzy?

Alert the crowd control teams. Cracker Barrel is coming to Ridley.

Comments