Welcome summer!

They are three of my favorite words.

Hazy, hot & humid.

Go ahead and hate me.

Yes, I am the odd bird that loves this kind of weather.

When I walked out of the office yesterday for my afternoon stroll yesterday, I could not resist the broad smile as that blast of heat greeted me on my first steps out into the parking lot.

But the best was yet to come. As soon as I got home last night, I shed my clothes as fast as I could, threw on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and retreated to the deck. There I sat and luxuriated in temperatures that remained in the 80s.

And there is more to come.

The high today is expected to soar back into the lower 90s, though it likely will not crest the record of 94. Wouldn't bother me a bit if it did.

It's not expected to quite get into the 90s tomorrow, with a high of about 88, so that means we won't officially be able to refer to it as a heat wave.

You can get the full forecast here.

I'm sure the local TV weather folks, who are beseeching us to drink lots of water and only exercise in the early-morning hours, will be disappointed.

To me it means only one thing: Summer.

Even if Memorial Day is still a week away.

Comments