Summertime

You'll have to indulge me.

I'm weird.

Don't believe me? Ask my wife.

No, it's not what you're thinking.

It's this weather.

I love it.

Yes, you heard that right.

This morning when I opened the front door, it was all I could do to resist a luxurious - Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

For a lot of people, that thick, moist air is a slap in the face. For me, it's a love tap.

Bring it on - the hotter, the more humid, the better.

Yes, this is summer.

Toss on a pair of old shorts and T-shirt, and you're ready to take on the day.

Only a couple of things could have made this better.

I could have been standing on the first tee of a golf course, hitting my first drive just as the sun came up over the horizon, an empty course awaiting me.

Or I could have been on the boardwalk in Rehoboth, watching as the sun began its slow, languorous ascension out of the ocean. Unfortunately, all I was doing was heading for my car for the ride to work.

Yes, that was me you saw driving with the windows down.

It gets worse. I'll be doing the same tonight on the ride home.

Itching for the moment I can ditch this shirt and tie, toss on my T-shirt, and head for the deck, watching the same sun descend behind the trees in the back yard.

Welcome, summer!

Life is good.

Comments