A longtime 'Boo'- bird knocks Halloween

Somewhere along the line I fell out of love with Halloween.

Which is odd because it was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

That and Mischief Night.

Yes, in the small town where I grew up, the night before Halloween was nearly as big as Trick-Or-Treat night itself.

That tradition seems to have waned, and given some of the things I remember doing on Mischief Night, that's probably just as well.

But while so many people - including adults - go all-out for Halloween, it no longer does a thing for me.

And that is from someone who could literally hit every house in town as a kid.

Maybe that's part of it. We have in so many instances really lost our sense of community. Or at least I have.

I hate the idea of dressing up in a costume. Look, this face is usually ghastly enough on its own. I don't need any help.

I hope the kids all have fun tonight. Don't make the mistake I used to make all the time as a kid and try to consume all that candy in one sitting.

I think I'll manage to survive.

And just think, with Halloween behind us, we can expect the radio stations to start playing Christmas music 24 hours a day any day now.

Thanksgiving? Hey, I'll just be thankful another Halloween is behind us.

Comments