A few more thoughts on those election results

A little more fallout from the election today with two more political posts:

First, on our editorial page Sunday, we took a look at the resounding message that was sent to the White House from every corner of the country. This was not just a Democratic message in Delco.

This was heard in Virginia, and New Jersey, and elsewhere.

Now all eyes turn to next year's mid-term elections.

It will be a huge one in Pennsylvania, with Gov. Tom Wolf and U.S. Sen. Robert Case both seeking re-election. It also will see Republican moderate Congressmen Pat Meehan, R-7, and Ryan Costello, R-6, on the ballot.

The message that was delivered by voters Tuesday should scare them to death.

You can read the editorial here.

Today, in my weekly print column, I fall on my sword - at least politically. I'll be honest. I did not expect Democrats to win any of the countywide races here in Delaware County, let along sweep two County Council seats and all three row offices. Last week I said I'll believe it when I see it.

I saw it - and I'm still not sure I believe.

I talk a little bit about what those huge Democratic wins might mean down the line.

You can read my Letter From the Editor here.

Comments