RIP David Cassidy: Hair's looking at you

I was never much of a Partridge Family fan.

A bit too 'sugary' for me.

I was a Motown guy, before I became a rock fan.

The Partridge Family was what we used to call 'bubble gum.'

All except for one thing.

I would have killed for David Cassidy's hair.

It was perfect.

And as a kid trying to let his own hair grew, which resulted for the most part in a frizzy mess, a mop sitting on top of a face that usually resembled a pepperoni pizza, I can tell you I would some times watch 'The Partridge Family' TV show. It wasn't for mom Shirley Jones. Or to check out daughter Susan Dey. Or to laugh at Danny Bonaduce. It was simply to get a glimpse of that perfect mane.

All of this is a way of saying that David Cassidy died Tuesday night.

He was 67 and suffering organ failure.

Wait a minute, David Cassidy was 67? That can't be, can it?

That means I'm ... uh, never mind.

Yes, time marches on.

RIP, David.

Comments