Take part in #GivingTuesday

In my Monday Letter From the Editor, I wrote about my annual struggle to get into the holiday spirit.

My mission this year is to make each day "Merry & Bright."

Yes, that is a line from the classic Bing Crosby Christmas song, "White Christmas."

It also happens to be my favorite Christmas movie.

It's not really Christmas until I see Bing, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney make their way to that lodge in Vermont.

Sounds very "Vermonty," doesn't it.

Unfortunately, everyday life often intercedes.

What I do for a living does not help.

Yes, we deal with a lot of sad news.

But today we also will do something else.

We will endeavor to find Delaware County citizens taking part in #GivingTuesday.

After all that shopping madness of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, today is the day to give back.

There are hundreds of local organizations you can help with a donation.

I might suggest our very own Merry Christmas Fund, which benefits the Salvation Army and their work in Chester.

Whatever you do, I hope your #GivingTuesday is "Merry & Bright."

Comments