The hunt for presidential

Given the reaction to yesterday's blog item on Facebook and social media, I probably should not go here.

But I did.

I expanded on yesterday's blog item on President Trump and presented it today on our editorial page. You can read it here.

As I said yesterday, this has nothing to do with policy. Do I agree with the president most of the time? No. So if you want to criticize me for that, feel free.

Instead my plea is for the president to be just that - presidential.

And he consistently falls short.

I had barely finished yesterday's blog on the president's use of a racial slur to attack a political foe when he was back at it again, re-Tweeting bogus videos the purported to show Muslims doing outrageous things.

They've been debunked, and world leader quickly criticized the president.

The White House explanation? It doesn't matter if the videos were legitimate or not, the idea was to push the message against terror, which remains a problem.

Does that sound presidential to you?

Yep, looks like it's going to be another long day on social media.

Comments