About that 'real feel' temperature

13 degrees.

That's what the dashboard told me the temperature was when my bottom hit the seat early this morning to head into the office.

You know what I do not need at this moment?

I don't need any bogus "real feel" temperature.

If I heard that term once over the past 48 hours, I must have heard it a hundreds times.

Can anyone tell me just what the "real feel" temperature really is.

I mean, the temperature is what it is, correct?

I think I know what the "real feel" temperature is. It's a "real" attempt to hype the weather.

Funny, I don't recall anyone bothering to tell me what the "real feel" temperature is when it's 45 degrees out.

But of course, next summer, as soon as the weather turns hot again and we hit our first heat wave, we'll be told that it's really much hotter than that 90 degree reading on the thermometer.

Actually, it's not.

It's 90 degrees.

That's the temperature.

Right now it's the opposite.

It's "real" cold.

Aside from that, spare me the nonsense.

Comments