More on the end of an era in Delco politics; & a final salute to Civera & White

Second-guessing is a great sport.

I do it just about every day.

I sit here and wonder if I made the right decision, in particular when it comes to the most important decision I make every day. That would be the front page of our print edition.

In yesterday's blog, I noted how I expected that some people were going to think we were trying to take one final shot at the two departing Republican members of County Council, Chairman Mario Civera and Councilman Dave White.

That wasn't the case. The front page was actually a play on words to convey two divergent eras that were coming to an end.

I certainly did want to note the exits of Civera and White. In fact, we had reporter Kathleen Carey spend the majority of her story doing just that.

But the day also marked another inescapable conclusion. It marked the end of one-party rule in the county. I wanted the front page to note that as well.

I know some people would interpret that as taking a shot. Believe me none was intended.

Of course, as soon as that blog item hit Facebook, the comments poured in.

But I do have to say I was surprised by one comment. It came from another member of council, who was sure I was taking one more shot at the Republicans.

Just in case you wonder how we feel about the loss of Civera and White, you might want to read today's editorial.

Yes, they will be missed.

Comments